Welcome!

I am a writer trying to get published. Why is this important? I need a following to get published :)... The things I post in this blog are simply my random musings. hopefully this blog will infulence you to become a reader. I might have a story or two involving my lead character but I don't want to ruin anything. WARNING: THIS BLOG IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Little Witch

The emerald orb lifted from her tiny hands, casting shimmery shadows about her room. Her black hair fell forward curtaining her face like it usually does. Her black gaze rested steadily on the startling glow. Her element is water. The orb should be blue not an emerald green. As the orb begins to pulse under her scrutiny, the shadows along the wall begin their swaying dance.
            She is mumbling now… “green… why… this is not right… talk to mother…”
            The shadows respond to her voice. With every broken syllable the shadows inch their way closer to the small child holding the green light. A claw-like shape wraps itself around her slender throat. She is too distracted and does not notice. The walls around the girl are caving in, giving, as the shadows peel themselves away at her beckoning call. Her thick lips begin to quiver, “Oh, I will never get this right.”
            Encased in a swirling shade of blackness, the small girl is blotted out in the night. Her voice, no longer heard. She is dead… to the world. Her dark secret surrounds her. Her tiny ball of light no longer seen.
            “Thais!” the voice snaps her back into reality.
            The spell is broken, her light dies. She feels surrounded by a suffocating presence. Strangely, she is not afraid. She unknowingly pulls the darkness into her being, drawing on its infinite power. No longer feeling suffocated she notices just how dark her room is without her emerald light and walks out of her room.
            “Thais!” her mom shouts again, almost frantic this time.
            Thais turns down the hall and nearly collides with her mother. “Thais, where have you been? You had me so worried.” Her mom simply stands in front of her, emotion erased from her face, expecting an answer.
            “In my room, practicing my spells like you asked me to.” She sees that her mother thinks she is feeding her a load of bull and she crosses her arms in front of her. “Seriously, you didn’t even come into my room and you say you’ve been looking for me. Please.” Thais turns on her heel and heads back to her room. As she slams the door she sees her mother. At first Thais thought she looked confused but the more she thought about it the more she realized when her mom saw into her room she paled and almost looked frightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment