Welcome!

I am a writer trying to get published. Why is this important? I need a following to get published :)... The things I post in this blog are simply my random musings. hopefully this blog will infulence you to become a reader. I might have a story or two involving my lead character but I don't want to ruin anything. WARNING: THIS BLOG IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Shay Lynn's Past

As my mind drifted and the waves of sleep washed over my overworked mind I went back to a place I had almost forgotten, my stone palace overlooking the vast expanse of green and blue of Thebes. Cadmus, my dragon warrior, stood by my side. My children surrounded my feet. All save one, "Where is my dear Illyrius?"

            The scene should have been beautiful but I remembered the day clearly. It was the day my family was destroyed. "Illyrius?", I called and called for him but could not find him. I searched his chambers but found nothing. As I was making my way to the staircase I heard screaming. I rounded the corner and found the door leading into the kitchen welded shut. How could that be? I grabbed the handle thinking my goddess powers should have allowed me to rip the door from it's hinges. Nothing happened. I stood on the tips of my toes trying to get a better look at the scene in front of me. O GOD! My family! They were burning. There was still no sign of Illyrius but everyone else I loved was standing amidst the flames.

            Maniacal laughter sounded behind me and I turned to face the woman behind me. "Asmodeus? Why are you laughing?” It was then I noticed the boy standing beside her with a wild grin plastered onto his face. "Illyrius?" I questioned, not because I didn't recognize my son but because he should have been weeping. Not plainly excited by what was taking place.

            "Dear, sweet, Harmonia, Goddess of harmony and concord. How blind you have been the last few years. How could you have not noticed that you bring bad luck and misfortune everywhere you go? How could you have not noticed the madness residing inside your child?" I looked at the woman I had always thought of as a loving aunt and then at my child, who, now that I thought about it, did have a mean streak a mile wide.

            "I don't understand. What are you talking about?" I could still hear the screams of my other children and the pounding of fists returned my attention to the door behind me.

            "Help me, Harmonia, Please." Cadmus's eyes locked on the boy behind me. "Illyrius you evil little shit. How could you have done this?" I turned to face my child and saw the humor in his eyes.

            "I like fire Mommy." was all he said to me.

            "Asmodeus, Athena, please help us." I reached for my child and she pulled him back.

            "Help you? Honey, I caused this. I caused the chaos you have been living with these past years. Your husband’s defeats? I caused those, too. Well you did actually but with a little push from me." She looked down at my beloved serpent necklace. "You've been wearing my hex around your neck since the day you were married, my sweet niece."

            I reached for the necklace I had adored since that day. My fingers running over the gold serpents, encrusted with rubies and emeralds. "What do you mean? I am confused? Why would you hex me and my family?" My confusion was understandable; being the goddess of concord I didn't understand deception and betrayal.

            "You tiresome little angel. You are just so sweet and innocent. You have no idea why I would hate you? How about the fact that you should have never been born? How about the fact that your mother has made my brother look like a fool?"

            Then the dream shifted. I was no longer in my beautiful castle but in the ground. My mind still working even though my body was at rest. I could feel the cold, cruel smile spread across my face even though my body couldn't move. The time I had been waiting centuries for had come. Harmonia was to be reawakened but it would not be Harmonia but a shade of the once innocent goddess. I could feel the pull of the necromancer's magic. I knew once my dull heart started beating I would exact my vengeance. Athena, I would make her pay. I would torture and burn her family the same way she did mine. I could still picture it in my head. My husband screaming for me to save him but I could do nothing. I was unpracticed in defensive magic. I had never needed to use it before. Why would the goddess of harmony need to defend herself? Why would she need magic to harm others? Those would be the first I would seek out answers to. Maybe seek out a black arts witch. Maybe the necro would hold the answers I was searching for. I would have to drain her to find out.

            As the magic escalated I could feel my body answering the call, could feel my body repairing itself. The good thing about being a arch demon, I could be called back with no tie to the one who made me. If she were to live I would still feel a slight compulsion but would not have to obey. But that was not something I would have to worry about.

            My body began to rise from the grave. I was called up until my body was hovering just above the dirt, still flat on my back. As the incantation stopped my body was lowered onto solid ground and the small woman approached me. I lay silent and still not wanting to give away my intentions.

            "Harmonia, how we have needed your guidance. The wars have become endless in your absence." she held out her hand as if to help me up, I took it. "I know upon awakening you need to slake your needs. I have brought all you require." Upon standing I looked around and saw two young males. Both looked to be in their twenties and also seemed very excited. Both men were naked and hard. I took in the sight just long enough to realize I didn't care. I was still going to kill the necro.

            "Thomas, Henry, come." she held her hands out for the men to take. To me she said "They have donated blood and sex to vampires before. They know what their purpose is here tonight." It took me a second to understand that both men knew they might die tonight and they didn't care. Addicts, pathetic.

            "Hello, boys." Whoa, was the sexy, raspy voice mine? It had to be I was the one talking. I began to wonder if it was from lack of use.

            "Goddess, we are at your service." the boys said in unison.

No comments:

Post a Comment