Welcome!

I am a writer trying to get published. Why is this important? I need a following to get published :)... The things I post in this blog are simply my random musings. hopefully this blog will infulence you to become a reader. I might have a story or two involving my lead character but I don't want to ruin anything. WARNING: THIS BLOG IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Prologue to my Book!!!

Prologue
Vampire. Such an anomaly, wouldn't you say? So powerful, yet so weak. Driven by bloodlust, forever in darkness, soulless, foul creatures that prey on the innocent. Please, as if it were so simple. So many books today have it so wrong. But some have it so close it is almost painful.
            Daylight, sweet daylight. While some choose an existence of utter darkness, some will venture into the light of day. See for us, daylight is painful, but not in the ways you may be thinking. The older ones, the ancients, simply refuse to go out into the light of day. For them, it is a constant reminder of choices made long ago. Of a time when they believed they would rule the world. Well, it was the world they were after. It was the world they received.
            You see, we were not formed of the devil, but we did align ourselves with him. We are of the fallen. When Lucifer was cast to earth, one-third of the heavenly host fell with him. My mother and father were included in this number.
            After the fall they took up this notion that they were still immortal beings worthy of praise. They spread their talents and lies among the human population. Because there was no other explanation, the people saw them as gods and goddesses. These fallen did nothing to sway the people’s opinion in any other direction. They engulfed themselves in praise and acceptance of this new lifestyle. That was until a few of them began to see the error of their ways. These few were beginning to see that they had been wrong from the very start.
            The ones who saw the error of their ways turned on Lucifer. They tore him apart, drained his blood and buried the body. After this, they sought war with the ones still aligned with him. There would be no peace between the two factions. There would only be bloodshed and a constant battle, for they were all immortal. Even the ones in the ground wouldn’t remain that way. All it would take is a necromancer, strong and stupid enough to reawaken them.
            Me, well that’s another story all together. I have my own past with Lucifer. I have my own past with Necromancer’s. I have my own place among the gods.
            Now, on to the other rumors, mind-control. Well, some of us yes... some of us, definitely not. We all have our own special set of skills. We all have jobs within the nest. Oh, yes, we do live together, more for convenience than anything else. No, there is no rivalry with the Weres or the witches. Weres are predators same as us, and territorial same as us, but no more violent towards each other than gang members. We will kill when boundaries are crossed but we all try hard not to cross those boundaries. As for the witches, well, my best friend is one.
            The bloodlust? So very true. If not fed properly a vamp will, for lack of a better sentiment, vamp out. Have you ever seen caffeine addict who has not yet had their morning cup-o-joe? If you multiply that by one-thousand, you will have the bloodlust. But blood is not the only way we feed. There are three ways a vampire can slake his lust: blood, sex or death. The vamps who experience bloodlust are usually either newly turned, living outside a nest, or do not have enough willing donors on hand. See, vamps need to feed daily, but only a small amount. Less than you would use to donate to a blood bank. However, there are those of us who use death as the outlet more often than not. The Eternally Dammed is what we like to call them. Of course, there is no hope of redemption for any of us, but we still like to believe we are not evil. Our leaders just screwed up royally and now their bloodlines will never see the gates of heaven.
            The science experiment theory is a good one. I like that one. I have always been interested in science, but never understood how you could mess up a science experiment so badly you came out with a human who had fangs, could levitate objects with their mind, sprouted wings, and could lift a car as easily as some people could lift a box over their head. Still it makes for an interesting read. I love Vampire novels. My best friend, Thais, always picks on me because I am a vampire who enjoys vampire fiction. I also love that those books are always either found in the sci-fi/fantasy or romance sections. Please, like there is anything "romantic" about being a vampire. I mean the stories are great but none of us are going to find that one person who can redeem us from eternal damnation. That is unless the one person who actually could decides to forgive the greatest sin of all time and let us work out our faith. But, seeing as how He's so big on the blood being sacred, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
            Now, for a proper introduction. My name is Shay Lynn and I am the Healer, Prophetess and a Warrior in my nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment