Welcome!

I am a writer trying to get published. Why is this important? I need a following to get published :)... The things I post in this blog are simply my random musings. hopefully this blog will infulence you to become a reader. I might have a story or two involving my lead character but I don't want to ruin anything. WARNING: THIS BLOG IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Obsession... An assignment I did for a class

As I walked through the door at my favorite coffee shop a shiver worked its way up my spine. I could smell the rich aromas of espresso, mixed with cinnamon and cloves. I walked up to the counter and greeted the tattooed and multiply pierced woman. “Hi, can I get a drity-chai, please.” The woman smiled and told me it would be ready in just a moment. I sat down in a chair across from the machine and listened as the steam wand worked its magic, I could almost see the foam rising in the mug, smell the sweet aroma as the heat lifted the milk fats.  As the lady poured the milk over the tea, coffee and spices the rich aroma was intoxicating. She called my name and I walked to the counter and retrieved my mug. Walking back to my little corner of the small coffee shop, I had my hands wrapped around the warm ceramic and my nose was being tickled my the tendrils of steam, I got lost in the almost lusty feeling I had for my greatest passion.
            I knew then that I never should have taken that job at the coffee shop two years ago. What had been a mild dalliance of mine had turned to a full blown obsession. Upon my acceptance of said job I was forced into a relationship I didn’t want but was quickly engulfed by. Thus, began my love affair with coffee.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super good. i think you where already adicted to coffee before you got that job. you need to write a book!

    ReplyDelete